Employer Liability: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan Borowski
- Oregon statutes list the unfair labor practices for private employers covered under Oregon's labor laws. See Private Employer Unfair Labor Practices.
- The Employment Relations Board (ERB) oversees the adjudication of unfair labor practices and orders remedies. See Unfair Labor Practice Remedies.
- Employers face liability for requiring employee attendance at meetings to discuss the employer's views on unions. See Compulsory Meetings.
- Employers are subject to a fine for hiring professional strikebreakers during a labor dispute. See Hiring of Strikebreakers.
- Employers may be liable for the actions of their officers or agents under certain circumstances. See Liability for Officers or Agents.
- The Public Employee Collective Bargaining Act (PECBA) lists the unfair labor practices for public employers. See Public Employer Unfair Labor Practices.
- The Employment Relations Board has the authority to order remedies if unfair labor practices have been committed. See Penalties for Unfair Labor Practices.