Employer Liability: Washington
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan Borowski
- Washington statutes guarantee private employees the right to unionize, and employers may not interfere with these rights. See Private Employers.
- Employers may have liability for officers or agents under certain circumstances. See Liability for Officers or Agents.
- The statute lists unlawful practices by employers and the penalties for engaging in them. See Unlawful Practices.
- The Public Employees Collective Bargaining Act governs labor relations for local governments. See Public Employers.
- The statute lists unfair labor practices by public employers and the penalties for committing them. See Unfair Labor Practices.
- There is a similar law governing state employees. See State Employees.
- Seattle has requirements pertaining to employer liability. See Local Requirements.