Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Margaret Parnell Hogan and Susan A.P. Woodhouse, Littler
- Colorado does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- Colorado has requirements regarding pregnancy disability leave and pregnancy-related reasonable accommodations. See Pregnancy Disability Leave and Accommodation.
- Employers that provide leaves to biological parents for the birth of a child must apply the same leave to an employee adopting a child. See Adoption Leave.
- The Healthy Families and Workplace Act requires employers with 16 or more employees to provide paid sick and safe leave to eligible employees. See Paid Sick Leave.
- Denver has requirements pertaining to pregnancy leave and accommodation. See Local Requirements.