Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan A. P. Woodhouse, Littler
- Nevada does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- Employers that provide employees with sick leave must allow accrued sick leave to be used for the medical needs of employees' immediate family members. See Kin Care Leave.
- Employers that grant leave to employees for sickness or disability must extend the same benefits to pregnant employees.See Pregnancy Leave and Accommodation.
- A covered employer must provide paid time off that employees may use for any reason. See Paid Leave.
- Other types of leave may be available to Nevada employees - some required by federal, state or local law, and some provided by company policy, as well as several sources of income replacement. See Interaction of Leave Laws.