Health Care Benefits: Arkansas
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Arkansas initially chose to establish a state-federal partnership Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act, but then switched to a state-based, federally-supported Marketplace. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- There are a number of provisions that must be included in group health insurance policies. See Required Provisions.
- Group insurance policies must provide certain mental-health benefits. See Minimum Benefits for Mental Health Coverage.
- Group insurance policies must provide certain other benefits, including in vitro fertilization, hospice treatment, and certain dental treatment. See In Vitro Fertilization; Hospice Services; Anesthesia for Dental Procedures.