Health Care Benefits: Kentucky
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Patricia A. Morley, Research and Writing Associates
- Kentucky initially chose to establish a wholly state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act, but then switched to a state-based, federally-supported Marketplace.. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Group health plans in Kentucky must cover mammograms if mastectomies are covered. See Mammograms, Mastectomies, Breast Reconstruction and Breast Cancer Treatment.
- Group health plans in Kentucky are required to provide coverage to newly born children from the moment of birth. See Pregnancy and Dependent Coverage.
- Group health policies must provide coverage for alcohol treatment. See Mandatory Alcohol Treatment.
- Group health plans must provide mental health parity. See Mental Health Parity.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for certain other diseases or medical conditions. See Diabetes; Temporomandibular Joint and Craniomandibular Disorders.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for the use of certain specified health providers. See Coverage for Specified Providers.
- Insurers are prohibited from discriminating against individuals based on certain reasons. See Discrimination.