Health Care Benefits: Montana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jason S. Ritchie, Holland & Hart LLP
- Montana chose not to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Small employers in Montana (two to 50 employees) are eligible to purchase small group plans. See Health Coverage for Small Employers.
- Group health plans must provide mental health and substance use disorder parity. See Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Coverage.
- Group health plans may include coverage for certain maternity and dependent coverage. See Maternity and Dependent Coverage.
- Health plans must provide coverage for post-mastectomy care and coverage for reconstructive breast surgery following a mastectomy. See Post-Mastectomy Care and Reconstructive Breast Surgery.
- Health plans must provide coverage for certain other illnesses, diseases and medical and surgical procedures. See Diabetes Coverage; Mammogram Coverage and Coverage for Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
- Health plans must provide coverage for certain specified health providers. See Coverage for Specified Providers.