Health Care Benefits: North Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Joel Fremstad and Lynn Block, Fremstad Law
- North Dakota chose not to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Group health policies in North Dakota must include coverage for Alcohol and Drug Abuse. See Mandatory Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coverage.
- Group health plans must provide mental parity. See Mental Health Parity.
- Group health plans must include coverage for certain maternity and dependent coverage. See Maternity and Dependent Coverage.
- Group health plans that provide coverage for mastectomies must provide coverage for reconstructive breast surgery. See Reconstructive Breast Surgery.
- Group health plans must cover prostate cancer screening for men. See Prostate Cancer Screening Coverage.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for certain specified health providers. See Coverage for Specified Providers.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for certain illnesses, services and supplies. See Other Coverage Requirements.