Health Care Benefits: Wyoming
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- Wyoming chose not to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Wyoming employers that offer health insurance must purchase policies with specific provisions and specific coverage. See Required Preventive Coverage.
- Insurers are prohibited from discriminating against individuals for certain reasons. See Prohibition on Insurer Discrimination.
- Group health plans must include coverage for Diabetes. See Diabetes Coverage.
- Group health plans must include certain dependent coverage. See Dependent Coverage.
- Health plans must provide reimbursement for licensed health care providers. See Coverage for Licensed Providers.