Hours Worked: New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: James P. Reidy, Sheehan Phinney
- New Hampshire follows the definition of hours worked outlined in the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). See Hours Worked.
- In addition, New Hampshire law requires employers to pay employees a minimum number of hours for reporting to work. See Show-Up Time / Reporting Time.
- New Hampshire employers are required to provide employees with a meal break under certain circumstances. See Break Periods.
- New Hampshire employers are limited in their options for making up time lost to legal holidays. See Make-Up Time.
- New Hampshire limits which employers and employees may work on Sundays. See Day of Rest.