HR and Workplace Safety: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Paige A. Martin and Natalie C. Larson Anderson, Kutak Rock LLP
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 and an Occupational Safety and Health Administration approved Arizona State Plan apply to almost all private and public employers in Arizona. See Who Does Arizona OSH Regulate?
- Arizona has compliance requirements in addition to the federal compliance requirements, which are contained in the Arizona Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1972. See Arizona Compliance Requirements.
- Arizona prohibits the use of wireless communication devices while driving, except in voice-based or hands-free mode. See Cell Phone Use While Driving.
- Arizona allows post-accident testing in certain circumstances. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.
- Localities including Phoenix and Tempe have requirements pertaining to distracted driving. See Local Requirements.