HR and Workplace Safety: Illinois
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline, Stacey Smiricky and Lindsey M. Hogan, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Illinois is a State Plan state. See Illinois Health and Safety Act and Safety Inspection and Education Act.
- The Illinois Health and Safety Act and Safety Inspection and Education Act apply to certain employers. See Regulated Employers.
- Illinois Health and Safety Act and Safety Inspection & Education Act are linked with OSHA. See Comparison With OSHA.
- Employees experiencing occupational illness must file their lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations. See Statutes of Limitations.
- Employers should display the appropriate IDOL poster. See IDOL Poster.
- The Hotel and Casino Employee Safety Act (HCESA) requires hotels and casinos to comply with several mandates to provide employee protections. See The Hotel and Casino Employee Safety Act .
- A person may not operate a motor vehicle while using a handheld electronic communication device, including a cell phone. See Cell Phone Use While Driving.
- Chicago has local requirements pertaining to the safety and security of hotel workers.See Local Requirements.