HR and Workplace Safety: Minnesota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Theresa Rogers
- Minnesota established the Minnesota Occupational Safety and Health Program. See State Plan.
- Minnesota requires employers to develop and implement a Workplace Accident and Injury Reduction Program. See Workplace Accident and Injury Reduction Program.
- Minnesota's heat stress standard is designed to protect workers against the risk of heat-induced illnesses by requiring employers to take certain safety measures. See Heat Stress Standard.
- Minnesota does not follow a discovery rule in personal injury cases. See Statute of Limitations for Illnesses Caused by Toxic Chemicals.
- Minnesota bans texting while driving. See Cell Phone Use While Driving.