HR and Workplace Safety: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Marcia Washkuhn, Kutak Rock LLP
- Nebraska has not adopted a state plan.
- The Nebraska Legislature has adopted health and safety regulations specific to certain Nebraska employers. See State Specific Safety Laws.
- The Nebraska Workplace Safety Consultation Program provides private employers with onsite safety consultations and requires the creation of safety committees. See Workplace Safety Consultation Program.
- Nebraska drivers are prohibited from using handheld devices to read, type or send messages while driving. See Driving Laws.
- Nebraska employers may engage in drug testing. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.