HR and Workplace Safety: New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Federal OSHA is the agency that governs New Hampshire workplace health and safety in the private sector. See Federal OSHA.
- The state has enacted additional workplace safety requirements that apply to all employers. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- New Hampshire has a three-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries, such as for injuries or illnesses caused by toxic chemicals. See Toxic Chemicals.
- New Hampshire has created distracted driving laws that make texting and driving a primary offense for all drivers. See Driving Policies.
- New Hampshire does not have specific drug and alcohol testing laws governing private employers. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.