HR and Workplace Safety: New Mexico
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Theresa Rogers
- New Mexico has its own state OSH plan. See State Plan.
- Employers are required to report fatalities, in-patient hospitalizations, certain injuries, as well as COVID-19 cases. See Recordkeeping and Reporting.
- New Mexico follows the discovery rule in personal injury cases. See Statute of Limitations for Toxic Chemical Exposure.
- New Mexico has a statewide ban on texting while driving. See Driving Policies.
- Localities including Albuquerque, Las Cruces and Santa Fe have requirements pertaining to texting while driving. See Local Requirements.