HR and Workplace Safety: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Alan L. Rupe and Daniel Press, Kutak Rock LLP
- Private sector employers in Oklahoma are under the jurisdiction of the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). See Federal OSHA.
- Oklahoma employers may not take an adverse employment action against an employee who reports a safety violation. See Employer Duties and Responsibilities.
- The Commissioner of Labor administers and enforces the provisions of OOHSSA, which includes requiring inspections of workplaces covered by the Act. See Administration and Enforcement.
- Oklahoma offers workplace safety and health consultation programs for both public and private employers. See Workplace Safety and Health Consultation Program for Private Employers.
- Oklahoma has state-wide laws prohibiting distracted driving and texting while driving. See Driving Policies.