HR and Workplace Safety: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Oregon has a federally approved State Plan governing the safety and health of workers. See Overview.
- Oregon has safety standards that are more protective than federal standards. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Oregon lists additional reporting requirements apart from the federal requirements. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Oregon has a two-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Statute of Limitations.
- Several Oregon laws place restrictions on cell phone usage while operating a motor vehicle. See Driving Policies.
- Oregon does not have specific civil rights laws that limit or prohibit drug testing in the workplace. However, certain laws do restrict breathalyzer testing without consent. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.