HR and Workplace Safety: Pennsylvania
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Private sector employers in Pennsylvania are under the jurisdiction of federal OSHA. See Federal OSHA.
- The State has created various safety standards that apply to public sector workers. See General Safety Laws.
- Pennsylvania has additional requirements that apply to hazardous chemicals in the workplace. See Pennsylvania Worker and Community Right to Know Act.
- Pennsylvania has enacted laws that make texting and driving a primary offense for all drivers. See Driving Policies.
- Pennsylvania does not have specific drug and alcohol testing laws governing private employers. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.