HR and Workplace Safety: Texas
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Private sector employers in Texas are under the jurisdiction of federal OSHA. See Federal OSHA.
- Texas has additional requirements that apply to hazardous chemicals in the workplace for the public sector and agricultural employees. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Statute of Limitations for Toxic Chemicals.
- A court ruling indicates that employers may have a duty to communicate the dangers of using a phone while driving even absent state laws on the subject. See Driving Policies.
- Texas does not have specific drug and alcohol testing laws governing private employers. See Post Accident Drug Testing.
- Grand Prairie has requirements pertaining to workplace safety. See Local Requirements.