HR and Workplace Safety: Vermont
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Vermont has a federally approved State Plan, which covers private and public sector employers. See Compliance Overview.
- Vermont has adopted by reference federal standards. However, there are some state-specific regulations. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Vermont has a three-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Statute of Limitations for Toxic Chemicals.
- Vermont has enacted laws that make texting and driving a primary offense for all drivers. See Driving Policies.
- The state laws carry various prohibitions or stipulations regarding workplace drug testing, which mandate employer awareness and compliance. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.