Insurance and Disability Benefits: Indiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- In Indiana, an employer may choose, but is not required, to offer group life insurance coverage. See Group Life Insurance.
- If an Indiana employer offers group life insurance, premiums for the policies may be paid by different sources. See Employer Contribution and Coverage Requirements.
- Employees are entitled to a minimum grace period for paying premiums, except the first. See Grace Period.
- If an employer offers group life insurance to employees and their dependents, then the policy must allow insured individuals to convert their coverage to an individual policy under some circumstances. See Conversion Rights.
- Group life insurance may continue for a limited time during an employee's total disability. See Continuation of Coverage.