Insurance and Disability Benefits: Wyoming
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- Wyoming employers are not required to provide life insurance benefits. If life insurance benefits are provided, certain requirements must be met. See Group Life Insurance.
- Wyoming employers are required to insure all eligible employees if the employees do not pay a portion of the premiums. See Employer Contribution and Coverage Requirements.
- Employees are entitled to a minimum grace period for paying premiums, except the first. See Grace Period.
- Group life insurance policies may be converted to individual policies under some circumstances. See Conversion Rights.
- Group life insurance may continue for a limited time during an employee's total disability. See Continuation of Coverage.