Jury Duty: Alaska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan A. P. Woodhouse, Littler
- A covered employer must excuse employees from work to serve on a jury. See Employers Obligated to Provide Leave.
- All employees in Alaska may take time off from work to respond to a jury duty summons. See Employees Qualified for the Leave.
- An employer can ask an employee for proof of jury service. See Documentation for Leave.
- An employer does not have to compensate an employee for his or her time spent on jury duty. See Compensation During Leave.
- Alaska law protects an employee's job when the employee serves on a jury. See Prohibited Actions.