Jury Duty: Florida
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan A.P. Woodhouse, Littler
- Employers in Florida must excuse employees from work to serve on a jury. See Employers Obligated to Provide Leave.
- All employees in Florida may take time off from work to respond to a jury duty summons. See Employees Qualified for the Leave.
- Employers do not have to compensate an employee for his or her time spent on jury duty. See Compensation During Leave.
- Florida law protects an employee's job when the employee serves on a jury. See Prohibited Actions.
- Localities including Broward County and Miami-Dade County have requirements pertaining to jury duty. See Local Requirements.