Legally Required Benefits: North Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Joel Fremstad and Lynn Block, Fremstad Law
- Most employers in North Dakota are required to contribute to the unemployment insurance benefits fund. See North Dakota Unemployment Insurance.
- Unemployment benefits generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Eligibility.
- Employers are required to keep specific records relative to unemployment insurance. See Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Employers must post a notice to employees. See Posting Requirement.