Minimum Wage: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Sean Ray, Barran Liebman LLP
Updating Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Oregon employers must pay their nonexempt employees a minimum wage, which varies by region. See Minimum Wage.
- Tips may not be applied toward an employer's minimum wage obligations. See Tip Credit.
- However, the costs of meals and lodging may be applied toward an employer's minimum wage obligations See Credit for Meals and Lodging.
- Certain workers may be paid less than the minimum wage. See Subminimum Wages.
- Localities including Portland, Multnomah County and Washington County have requirements pertaining to the minimum wage. See Local Requirements.