Minimum Wage: Washington
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Patrick M. Madden, K&L Gates LLP
- The Washington state minimum wage is currently $14.49 per hour. Every year, the minimum wage is automatically adjusted for inflation. See Overview.
- Some deductions may reduce net pay below minimum wage. See Deductions Below Minimum Wage.
- Washington does not allow employers to claim a tip credit. There are disclosure requirements for employers that impose an automatic service charge. See Tip Credit.
- Certain employees may be paid less than the minimum wage. See Subminimum Wages.
- Localities including SeaTac and Seattle have requirements pertaining to the minimum wage. See Local Requirements.