New Hire Paperwork: Colorado
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline and Mary L. Will, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Colorado employers should collect certain personal information upon hiring employees to comply with recordkeeping requirements. See Employee Information.
- Employers must provide federal Form W-4 to employees for state withholding purposes. See Employee Withholding Forms.
- The Colorado Wage Act requires an employee's authorization for certain deductions from wages and such authorizations may be included in new hire paperwork. See Authorization for Deductions From Wages.
- Colorado employers must provide temporary employees with specific notices. See Temporary Employees.
- Colorado employers must provide seasonal employees with specific notices. See Seasonal Employees.
- Colorado employers should also collect certain general information from employees. See General Information.