New Hire Paperwork: Minnesota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Upon hire, Minnesota employers must provide written notice to new employees of their right to review personnel records. See Notice of Review of Personnel Records.
- Employers that adopt a drug and alcohol testing policy must provide a copy of the policy to new hires. See Notice of Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Employees who complete a federal Form W-4 must also complete a Form W-4MN, Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate. See Employee Withholding Forms.
- At the start of employment, employers must provide notice to new hires pursuant to the Minnesota Wage Theft Act. See Wage Theft Notice.
- Minneapolis and Duluth have requirements pertaining to new hire paperwork. See Local Requirements.