New Hire Paperwork: Pennsylvania
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Christin Choi, Fisher Phillips
- Pennsylvania employers are required to provide certain documents to new employees. See Documents to Provide to New Employees.
- Pennsylvania law requires employers to notify employees at the time of hiring of wage payments. See Wage Notifications.
- Employers are responsible for advising new hires of their rights and duties Pennsylvania's workers' compensation law. See Workers' Compensation Notifications.
- Within twenty days of the date of hire, employers should ensure that they have employees fill out paperwork sufficient to gather information that is required to be reported to the Department of Labor and Industry. See Documents to Obtain From New Employees.
- Philadelphia has requirements pertaining to new hire paperwork. See Local Requirements.