Other Leaves: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Arizona. See Leaves of Absence.
- Arizona does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An Arizona employer must provide paid sick leave to eligible employees. See Earned Paid Sick Time.
- Arizona employers with 50 or more employees must grant unpaid leave to victims of a crime to attend certain legal proceedings. See Crime Victim Leave.
- An Arizona employer must provide all employees time off from work to vote in statewide primary or general election days only. See Voting Leave.
- An employee must be allowed to participate in jury selection and serve on a jury. See Jury Duty Leave.
- Members of the National Guard of Arizona or any other state or the US Armed Forces Reserves have the right to take a leave of absence when ordered by Arizona, another state or the US to active duty or to attend camps, maneuvers, formations or armory drills. See Military Leave.