Other Leaves: Georgia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: C.R. Wright, Fisher Phillips
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Georgia. See Leaves of Absence.
- Georgia does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An employer with 25 or more employees that provides sick leave must allow employees to use up to five days per year to care for an immediate family member. See Kin Care Leave.
- A Georgia employer must excuse employees from work to attend judicial proceedings in response to a subpoena, summons for jury duty or other court order. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An employer must provide qualified and registered employees with up to two hours off from work to vote. See Voting Leave.