Other Leaves: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Scott Randolph and William Dabney, Holland & Hart LLP
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Idaho.See Leaves of Absence.
- Idaho does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An employer may not terminate an employee for taking jury duty leave. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An Idaho employer must provide a leave of absence to an employee who is enlisted in the Idaho or other National Guard and is called to duty. See Military Leave.
Time off to vote is not required by law. However, an employer may not attempt to influence an employee's vote. See Voting Leave.
- Idaho law does not require private employers to provide employees with vacation or sick time. See Vacation or Sick Time.