Other Leaves: Mississippi
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jason T. Marsh, Phelps Dunbar LLP
- There are several types of leave that may be available to an employee in Mississippi. See Leaves of Absence.
- Mississippi does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers.See Family and Medical Leave.
- Mississippi requires an employer to reinstate employees who take leave to perform military duty or training under certain circumstances. See Military Leave.
- An employer may not terminate an employee who takes leave for jury service. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An eligible employee may take an unpaid leave to respond to a subpoena or participate in the reasonable preparation of a criminal proceeding. See Crime Victim Leave.
- An employer may not directly or indirectly coerce an employee to vote for any particular person or group in any election. See Voting Leave.