Other Leaves: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Alan L. Rupe and Daniel Press, Kutak Rock LLP
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Oklahoma. See Leaves of Absence.
- Oklahoma does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An employer may not terminate an employee who is summoned to serve as a juror and notifies the employer of the summons within a reasonable period of time after receipt. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An employer must provide a registered voter with two consecutive hours of time off to vote. See Voting Leave.
- All railroad companies operating in Oklahoma must provide a leave of absence to their employees who, among other things, want to run for or seek public office. See Civil Duty Leave for Railroad Employees.
- An employer must provide an eligible employee with leave for the period of the employee's military service. See Military Leave.