Other Leaves: South Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- No employer may provide for child care leave that discriminates on the basis of sex. See Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Employees may not be fired for serving jury duty. See Jury Duty Leave.
- Employers must provide employees with two consecutive hours to vote under certain circumstances. See Voting Leave.
- The South Dakota Human Relations Act requires employers to provide reasonable religious and disability accommodations. See Leave as an Accommodation.
- An employer must provide a temporary leave of absence without loss of job status or seniority to any employee who is a member of the Legislature so that the employee can perform his or her official duties as a member of the Legislature. See Legislative Leave.