Paid Time Off Benefits: Federal
Author: Leah Shepherd
- Employers often voluntarily offer different forms of paid leave, including vacation time, personal time, holidays and paid time off banks. See Compensation for Time Not Worked.
- Vacation policies should take into consideration state laws on "use it or lose it" policies and termination pay. See Vacation Days.
- An employer may want to consider offering paid personal days. See Personal Days.
- Most employers offer paid holidays; some also offer floating holidays. See Holidays.
- Instead of providing separate vacation, personal and sick days, an employer may want to transition to a paid time off (PTO) bank, which does not differentiate between types of leave. See Paid Time Off (PTO) Banks.