Payment of Wages: Arkansas
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Arkansas employers must pay employees in cash, by check or direct deposit. See Wage Payment Methods.
- Employers must pay most employees at least semimonthly. Penalties are imposed for noncompliance. See Pay Frequency.
- Employers must make the deductions from employees' wages that are required by state or federal law. However, there are other specific types of deductions that are either permitted or prohibited. See Permitted and Prohibited Wage Deductions.
- Private employers must pay all wages due to an employee who is terminated involuntarily within a certain number of days after termination. See Termination Pay.
- Wages that are unclaimed by an employee are considered abandoned after one year. Employers are required to report and remit these wages to the state following specific procedures. See Unclaimed Wages.