Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Karen R. Glickstein, Polsinelli
- Employers in Missouri generally can use a variety of recruiting methods and sources to find job candidates. See Methods and Sources.
- The Missouri Human Rights Act applies to private employers with six or more employees and all public employers. See Missouri Antidiscrimination Law.
- The Missouri Commission on Human Rights has issued guidelines on recruiting, including rules on employment advertising practices and guidance on neutral job titles. See Advertising Guidelines.
- Missouri law places some limitations on the recruitment and hiring of minors. See Underage Workers.
- St. Louis has local requirements pertaining to recruiting. See Local Requirements.