Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- Recruiting practices that conform with federal standards generally will comply with Wyoming law regarding discrimination.
- Employers cannot recruit on the basis of, or ask questions about, tobacco use unless the questions relate to a bona fide occupational qualification. See Wyoming Fair Employment Practices Act.
- Advertising materials should be free of discriminatory interpretation and also avoid creating unintended promises. See Advertising.
- Recruiting candidates from competitors can give rise to liability. As a result, clear communication regarding contractual obligations of prospective employees is essential. See Recruiting Employees from Competitors.
- Wyoming employers may grant a hiring preference to veterans without running afoul of EEO laws. See Veterans Preference.