Strikes, Lockouts and Other "Economic Weapons": California
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan Borowski, Reliable Writing Services
- Private sector employees have a right to strike except for jurisdictional strikes. See Right to Strike.
- Private sector employers are prohibited from engaging in certain conduct relative to a strike. See Employer Conduct.
- Agricultural employees have the right to strike and also have certain picketing rights. See Agricultural Employees' Right to Strike and Picket.
- Public employees generally have the right to strike, with some exceptions. See Public Employees' Right to Strike.
- There are specific provisions for public sector transit employees. See Strikes by Public Transport Employees.