The Unionization Process: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Todd Lyon, Barran Liebman LLP
- Employees have the right to organize and bargain collectively. See Right to Organize and Bargain Collectively.
- Certain agricultural workers have rights to collectively bargain with their employer. See Agricultural Workers.
- Employers have free speech rights. However, employers cannot force employees to attend a meeting to hear information concerning unions. See Employer Free Speech Rights.
- Private sector employees have the right to strike. See Strikes/Picketing.
- The State Conciliation Service provides mediation services to employers. See Dispute Resolution.
- Oregon is not a "right to work" state. See "Right to Work" Status.