Unemployment Insurance: Alabama
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Robert S. Ellerbrock, III, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
- Most employers in Alabama must pay unemployment insurance taxes. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Employers must comply with certain notice and posting requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements.
- Employers are required to maintain certain records. See Recordkeeping Requirements.