Unemployment Insurance: Delaware
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Nancy Hatch Woodward, Nancy Hatch Woodward Communications
- Most employers doing business in Delaware are subject to Delaware's Unemployment Insurance Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits are generally available for a maximum of 26 weeks, but may be increased during times of high unemployment. See Benefits.
- Employers must comply with notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.