Unemployment Insurance: District of Columbia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline and Taylor L. Haran, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Most employers are subject to the District of Columbia Unemployment Compensation Act. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- An individual's benefit amount is calculated based upon a number of factors. See Benefits.
- Employers must follow certain posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.
- The District of Columbia has a Shared Work Unemployment Insurance Program. See Shared Work Unemployment Insurance Program.