Unemployment Insurance: Florida
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Francis P. Morley
- Most Florida employers are subject to the Florida Reemployment Assistance Program Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Employers are subject to certain posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Florida's Short-Time Compensation Program helps employers retain employees who would otherwise have to be laid off. See Short-Time Compensation Program.