Unemployment Insurance: Kentucky
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Nancy Hatch Woodward, Nancy Hatch Woodward Communications
- Employers finance unemployment insurance with state and federal tax contributions. See Kentucky Unemployment Insurance.
- Most employers in Kentucky are subject to Kentucky's Unemployment Compensation Law. See Covered Employers.
- Kentucky's Unemployment insurance covers temporary and seasonal workers, as well as corporate officers. See Eligibility.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Eligibility.
- Unemployment benefits in Kentucky generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Kentucky employers must comply with notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.