Unemployment Insurance: Mississippi
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jason T. Marsh, Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Most employers are covered by the Mississippi Employment Security Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Employees need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for unemployment compensation benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits will generally last up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Employers must post an unemployment insurance notice to employees. See Notice and Posting Requirements.