Unemployment Insurance: North Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Joel Fremstad and Lynn Block, Fremstad Law
- Most employers in North Dakota are required to contribute to the unemployment insurance benefits fund. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Employers are required to comply with notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.